Arvin Sango, Inc., a Madison, IN manufacturer of exhaust systems and other original equipment parts, has an immediate opening for a Network Support Associate
This position is responsible to plan, develop, install, configure, maintain, support, and optimize user and network hardware, software, and communication links to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. Receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end user help requests. Manage help requests for entire IT group.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Use diagnostic and help request tracking tools and provide in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers, prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
• Provide the highest level of systems support and user satisfaction for ASI while maintaining consistency with company goals, industry best practices, regulatory requirements, and internal policies.
• Setup and deploy user desktops/laptops including installation of anti-virus software; create and modify user accounts in Active Directory.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Manage help desk software including software updates and configuration, help request assignment, and work order management and analysis.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals. Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
• Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
• Manage network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
• Ensure network connectivity of workstations.
• Administer equipment, hardware and software upgrades for assigned systems.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
• Perform server and security audits.
• Perform system backups and recovery.
• Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved, perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
• Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
• Provide training to members for various computer topics such as Help Desk software, company Intranet, and Best Practices.
Qualifications: Advanced knowledge of Windows-based desktop/laptop computer hardware. Extensive experience with current Windows desktop systems with a variety of configurations. Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, software, protocols, and standards. Experience with administrative functions in a Windows server environment. Understanding of basic storage concepts including backup and restore functions. Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting printing issues. Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office in a cloud environment. Understanding of basic network configuration, equipment, and troubleshooting. Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Experience managing a Help Desk and using Help Desk software understanding of IP-based phone systems. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills. Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Associate Degree in computer-related field preferred w/ 5 plus years experience in help desk and end-user support. 5 plus year’s experience in computer networking skills and understanding of all of the above in a network environment. 2 plus years network administration.
Arvin Sango, Inc. offers a stimulating, high-tech work environment backed by an excellent salary and benefits package. For immediate consideration, forward your resume and salary requirements, in confidence to: Manager Human Resources, 2905 Wilson Ave., Madison, Indiana 47250; Fax: (812) 273-8266; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.